Tuesday, July 8, 2008

J's Quilt

Well, I finally feel like I am accomplishing something on J's quilt. I have all the squares done, all of the sashing pieces done and half the rows together. All that is left is 3 rows and then to put sashing in between the rows. There will be two rows of sashing in between the rows and 4 light blue squares at each corner. This is what I have done so far, the last row and the next to last row have a sashing strip in there. There will be two of those between each row of squares. Make sense? Then all I have to do is get the material for the border, binding and backing and I can get it done!


Yesterday J had a friend over and they played in the sprinkler for awhile. T went to B's house to go swimming and came home in the afternoon. Tonight was Cross Country practice and all three boys went. T is not joining, he just went along for the exercise but ended up not running because they were doing time trials etc to determine how well they were doing.



It was hot here today, but I did spend some time outside on the swing. I actually got up first thing this morning and rode, but did spend most of the day working on J's quilt. While I was outside reading I found this guy on my leg. I actually thought he was a piece of hay before I brushed him off and realized he wasn't!




Tomorrow will be riding in the morning, then sewing on J's quilt, then cross country practice. It seems to be a pattern!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt I love the colors and especially the layout.

jacquie said...

Lovely! I'm in love with pinwheels. I love the colors. J's going to love it too.

Kristie said...

Oh! I can't wait to see your quilt when you finish it, it is beautiful!!! Sounds like your family is having a wonderful summer!
Kristie

Jackie Russell said...

Love the blue and yellow colors. Pinwheels are one of my favorite blocks.

The DO said...

Love that quilt! I adore pinwheels and yellow and blue together! Too cute:)

andsewon said...

Love this quilt!!! Love the pattern and the color choices!!
You go gal!!

Marilyn Robertson said...

J's quilt is going to be fantastic! I love all of the different fabrics you have - a quilt can never be too scrappy for me!