Monday, July 28, 2008

Fair Fun - Day One

Today was the first day of our county fair. It was hot, dusty and long! Probably like this whole week is going to be! J is the 4-H kid in the family. T wants nothing to do with it, so this is all about J.

Today we were able to find out how he did on his various projects, with the exception of showing his horse. That is tomorrow. On his Rock project he received 2nd. For his photos in the open classes he received one 2nd. He entered three pictures but only placed with the one. That's fine. He also showed his other rabbits in the breed classes today. He received 1st in showmanship and nothing in his individual breed classes. Two pictures from Showmanship with Leo.


This afternoon I was ring mistress for 6 classes and of course, they took an hour break in the middle of it! Otherwise it was the usual hot sticky day at the fair. I came home about 5 and banded the manes on J and TJ's horse. They left for CC and my dad is getting a lesson tonight. Its quiet here now. I think I am going to relax, drink a BIG glass of water and just chill out! More Fair Fun to come!

5 comments:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Congrats to your son..and I like J's quilt. The lively colors are great.

Anonymous said...

Hope the Horse Show goes well. I can remember how much fun Fair Week was when I was a kid.

The Quiltwhinny
quiltwhinneytrails.blogspot.com

andsewon said...

Way to go J!! Our Fair is later in year. Fun times.
Yes you all are very busy an still get lots done!!!

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Sounds like fun at the fair. I really like your quilts; I especially like the turqoise and brown one. I think you choice nice colors.

Karen

Holly said...

Congratulations to J for his placings! Our fair is next week and this is the first time I have entered anything for exhibition - two quilts. Guess I'll have to go to the fair to see them hanging :) I think it'd be fun to spend every day at the fair.