why my blog is called the quilting bookworm.
I love to read, I read an average of 2-3 books a week, on top of quilting and everything else. Yep, 2-3 books, and many are not small books 200-300 pages is average. You know, a normal adult book.
So....where is this going you may ask....
I found this challenge tonight called the Book Awards II Challenge. The challenge is to read 10 award winning books in 10 months. Think I can do it?? You have to have 5 different catagories of books (Pulitzer, Newberry etc awards).
I haven't actually decided on my 10 books yet, but I have some pretty good ideas. Of course, that is subject to change. Here are a few possibilities:
1. Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides (Pulitzer)
2. Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry (Pulitzer)
3. The Color Purple by Alice Walker (National Book Award)
4. Life of Pi by Yann Martel (Booker Prize)
5. Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally (Booker Prize) - this I have tried to read SEVERAL times
6. Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson (PEN/Faulkner Award)
7. Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes (Newberry)
8. We Need to Talk About Kevin - Shriver (Orange Award)
9. A Fable - William Faulkner (Pulitzer)
10. The Road - Cormac McCarthy (Pulitzer)
The only one I am really not sure about it the last one - The Road. I have heard good things about it but for some reason it just never struck me as something I wanted to read. But hey, I will give it a shot and as I said before; this list is tenative! You never know what one may find on a library shelf one day calling to you!
Right now I am trying to read Anne of Avonlea. It is for my book club this coming Thursday and I just can't get it done! I have two more days and am just not into it! I read Anne of Green Gables also for this month, but I had a hard time with that one too! I don't know why - I just have a hard time staying focused.
So that is where this post was going and now you know. There will be more updates on books as I work through this list and hopefully get more reading in. I am only at 80 books for the year and I want to hit 150 (25 more than last year!)
Have a good night!