Thursday, August 28, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


If you’re anything like me, one of your favorite reasons to read is for the story. Not for the character development and interaction. Not because of the descriptive, emotive powers of the writer. Not because of deep, literary meaning hidden beneath layers of metaphor. (Even though those are all good things.) No … it’s because you want to know what happens next?
Or, um, is it just me?

Not, its not you, I love just reading the story. I just want to know what happens. I don't always care about the character development, or the hidden meaning. I just want to know what is going to happen! And yeah, all those things are important but they wouldn't mean as much without the story!


On a funny note:
Rich was helping J with his math homework tonight. He asked if he could write on this paper. He say's "It's not a carbon, right?" J looks up with this look of huh on his face and goes "Carbon?" Poor Rich, he dated himself. My kids have NO idea what a carbon copy is!! LOL!

1 comment:

SmilingSally said...

Welcome to BTT.

I agree with you; it's the plot.