Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rain

That is what has been happening here. Yesterday was a beautiful 57 (F) degrees and today it is dreary and raining. It is still warm, around 50-55 but rain, and not a drizzle, but a steady cold wet rain.

This is what our yard looks like now:

Front Yard


Backyard

The neighbors ducks were out playing in it but swam away when I tried to get closer for a picture so I will have to see if I can get one later.

No sewing really happening, I have been job hunting and enjoying after school basketball and other activities with the kids. T had a game last night and they lost by 2, it was a really good game though and they are actually starting to play basketball versus looking lost. We have a make-up game tonight from a snow day and then we have a 4-H meeting so it will be busy tonight.

Yesterday I did make Rich a seat cushion for his tractor. He hasn't had one in at least 6 months and I kept putting it off but here it is. It is not the best, but its for the tractor so who cares what it looks like!

Hope everyone is staying dry and safe!

3 comments:

Julie in the Barn said...

Hi Sara, Has your Grandma left for Australia yet? Have her bring back a couple of magazines. I love Australian Homespun. It has wonderful patterns and is really hard to find in the US. Have you read We Have to Talk About Kevin yet? It's on my to read list so I wondered what you though of it. I just finished Mr. Pip. It was excellent. One of the best I've read in quite awhile. The tractor seat looks great, by the way. Not all our projects have to be beautiful. Sometimes they just need to serve a function, right?

Kristie said...

Wow! Looks like lots of rain! We mostly got high winds here!

That reminds me, I really need to make Richard a new tractor seat! I bought new foam for it LAST year!
Kristie

Poached Egg Recipes said...

Thanks for wriiting