Wednesday, February 4, 2009

4 blocks and a start

So much for not starting something new....

I found a material last year that had neon guitars on it and picked up some for T to use in his quilt. He decided he wanted a basic 9 patch type quilt, so I am actually making a 12-patch. Same concept, just bigger. So I made these blocks yesterday:

and am going to turn these fat quarters (plus a blue and pink) into the same...they will all have the black, just different colors. I have most of the strips sewn together and am getting ready to cut them to sew into squares. I need to find a blue and pink to go with these.

I also want to do the sashing in the blue so I need to find something on a bolt, not just fat quarters. I also made 4 more blocks for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. They are getting easier, but they are not coming out at 6.5" but more like 6" and I am a bit confused as to what size they are supposed to be. Some papers say 6" and some say 6.5" is that finished or unfinished? I figure though as long as they come out the same size, why worry??

And lastly, a picuture from last night's basketball game. We lost, 24-22 in OT. One of our guys scored a 3-pointer right at the buzzer to tie it up. Very exciting, since we were losing 19-7 at the half!

Oh, and it is snow....AGAIN!

4 comments:

andsewon said...

Love those blocks for the Sylvia's Quilt. I too loved those books, wa a lil disappointed in last one and glad I did library and not book store. Was too much over lapping per say was like I was reading the other books over again.
Anyway your quilt will be nice.
Please read this post on my blog.
http://ansewon.blogspot.com/2009/02/thanks-racheljane.html

hope this winter lets up soon!!!
Hugs,
Lola

Sandy said...

What cool guitar fabric....great for a teen's quilt.

em's scrapbag said...

Love the bright fabrics. My son, N would love the quilt you are planning. Black and bright is his favorite combo.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love those guitars! What great fabric. It's going to be a wonderful quilt!