Friday, March 13, 2009

Spelling Bee and Guitars

Well, we only made it to round two of the spelling bee. He misspelled corporal but whatever. He still made it and by the third round there were only 10 kids out of 43 left. All in all, it was a neat opportunity for him and he enjoyed it so that was all that we asked!

T


T and the girlfriend


And his quilt is done!!! yeah, I am so excited! I don't know if I like it. I certainly don't love it. I would have liked the sashing/border to be black, but this is what he wanted so this is what he got. He likes it, and that is all that matters!

The back


The backing fabric

The front (notice all the books on the headboard?)


And tomorrow I can start something new!

Tonight T and I went grocery shopping while Rich and J went to the other barn. Then T did chores and cleaned his room while I did a few things and finished up his binding.


Tomorrow I have an appointment in the morning, they have an ortho appointment, then I am going to clean while they clean stalls, Rich is going to a poker tournament for the youth baseball league while I be the taxi for the boy. And Sunday Rich and J are going to the other barn while T and I stay home and hang out! I should have a lot of time to sew this weekend! YEAH! I am excited to move onto something else!
Thanks everyone, for wishing T luck. He is better at history/geography than spelling, but he is still a good kid! And thanks for all the "can't wait to see comments!"

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Looks so great on his bed...he must be excited! Tell him excellent job at the spelling bee.
~Karen~

Kristie said...

Great job at the spelling bee! He should be very proud of himself!

Love his quilt! It looks very "teenage boy"! I think it looks great!
Kristie

Kaaren said...

Good job T.

And Mom, the quilt looks awesome!

Stephanie said...

The quilt is great! I agree very "teenage boy" which is perfect. Thanks for the updates on all your happenings; the weather and animals look so happy to see spring on it's way!

Devantre Styles said...

Nice blog thanks for postting