Tuesday, March 31, 2009

10 pounds!

Yep, that's right, 10 pounds of pop tabs!

Lots of tabs!!


This is the inside of a full target bag. Our 4-H club collects them as a community service project each year and then we donate them. This year they are going to the Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital Family Room sponsered by the Ronald McDonald House. The family room is exactly that, a family room. It has TV's, games, couches, a small kitchenette, washers and showers in the back. The purpose of it is for families to go here with their sick children (or me :)) to get out of the hospital room, relax, shower, eat...you get the picture. Because my family has used the family room we are giving back to them. The money from the pop tabs goes to help stock simple food such as PB&J, cereal etc and to help buy birthday cakes for the kids in the hospital on their birthday.

The fish tank outside the family room

The water wall

One of my favorite old churches by the clinic

Today I had a pacemaker check up at the clinic. I have to go once a year for a check on it and the rest of the year I can send it in via a little machine they supply. I got an all clear from the tech, he said things look really good. My heart was in A Fib 1648 times in the last 3 months (since my last check) which I think is ALOT, but he says everything looks great. The shortest episodes are 1 to 2 beats and the longest lasted 27 minutes. Wonder if that is what I felt last week? LOL. I can't normally feel it so we don't really worry about it. That is the pacemakers job! He did say that things are improving with my rhythm, and that I have 6 years left on my battery! I can actually say that if I were for sale "batteries are included".


Then I came home, picked up J from track, had some dinner, then went to ride. Rich and T have baseball practice so I am home alone and they should be home shortly. But do you have any idea how hard it is to take a picture with your cell phone of your cat on your lap on your horse??


My ride went pretty good and then I came up and have been reading some random blog I found...And now off to do some blog reading! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kaaren said...

Wow, Sara. I didn't know that you had a pacemaker. Perhaps I didn't read far enough back on your blog and for that I apologize. I now understand your desire to give back. We all have to be thankful for the technologies that are available to us now, especially when it involves health issues. Thanks for sharing this part of your journey with us.

The photo of your cat on horseback is priceless. She looks so content.

Mary Q said...

Loved that entire blog entry! Can you guess how much I loved that picture of cat-on-girl-on-horse?? Your efforts to capture that were well worth it for me -- I'm still smiling hours later!! I'm working every day this week but will try to write again first thing next week. I'm buried!

Kristie said...

So glad that all went well with your testing! My son, Andrew, has some small problems with his heart but nothing that can't be regulated with medication. But it still worries me.

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Kristie

Norma said...

So glad to hear that you got a good report from your clinic visit. I must say that the heart that is beating in there is a good one, pacemaker or not! Your giving back is proof of that.

Our nephew has a pacemaker and has all kinds of issues with it. He is a young father, a daughter three and number two daughter on the way. We worry about him a lot.

Brave cat up on that horse.........and I guess the same could be said of the horse and its rider.