Monday, March 30, 2009

Nothing Like Colorado!

Yesterday was a strange day. It was windy and rainy one minute and then sunny the next. But as the day wore on it just got nasty. We ended up having a really windy night and got a little bit of snow. Nothing like the got in Colorado, but snow this close to April - just not cool! Hopefully my flowers that are starting to come up will survive!

Snow in the garden


Snowflakes on the patio stairs

Rich and I spent the day yesterday being together and kinda lazy. We didn't do much at all. He made breakfast and I did the dishes. The kids did their homework and we read books. I actually finished the book I started on Saturday night. I read The Last To Know by Wendy Corsi Staub. I vhae never read her before, but I am glad I picked it up. It was really good and I had no idea who did it! I thought I did, but I was wrong!

It was nice to spend the day with Rich just hanging out, no pressure, no where to go and no committments! Today is the start of a busy week for us, so I am trying to get somethings done around the house (like cleaning and laundry). We have something going on every night this week and I am sure we will be done by the weekend when we have something planned every day next weekend! And of course I want to get some quilting done. I have started working on my PIF projects and would like to get those done! And a quick trip to JoAnn's for some material for my stacked coins that I want to make with the fabric from the show at the IX center!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Our forecast says it won't be above 40 degrees this week which is just nuts! But what about those folks in Utah and the Dakotas. Hope they have some good books and lots of blankets.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what other authors do you like, I'm always looking for new ones.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/