Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Quilting Horoscope

And I think it fits!




This is from The Quilters Horoscope by Pauline Rogers





Taurus - April 21 to May 20
Taurus is the quilter who always finishes a project, as they are persistent and determined. When attending workshops or using a pattern they will follow every instruction to the letter. They can be greedy when it comes to their stash, as they know the value of material. They save every bit of scrap. However, they are warmhearted and loving to such a degree that they have given away nearly every quilt they have ever made. They are gifted artists, excelling at sewing, patchwork and quilting. The stitching in their quilts is of such high quality that their quilts will endure for eons.


In other news, tonight was the last jr high cross country meet before districts. J ran a 15:23 WITH a sprained ankle. He wanted to run and was determined to do so, and he did! Very happy with his time. It is also homecoming weekend, and we missed the parade, but oh well, what can you do!

We have spirit!

J, running hard


It is also getting cold here. 42 when I left the house this morning and is supposed to be 39 tonight. We were so cold at the meet, the poor kids I am sure had it worse. J wasn't going to wear his underarmour, but I packed it anyway and he was certianly glad I did! Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to start another project. I definately want to make a fabric basket and have some other things I want to do! But I am off to snuggle up in bed and hopefully get warm!

CC, exploring Robin's truck

3 comments:

The DO said...

Ah, running on a sprained ankle! Tough kid! Guess he's collecting his "war" stories. A guy has to have them:) Good for him, though, that he set his mind to it and proved he could do it, great job:)

Carol in Sweden said...

What a dedicated runner....I'd have been off the course with a sprained ankle even back in the days when I could run!

The quilting horoscope is fun...gonna try it now! "Procrastinating" "perfectionist wanna be" should be in mine! we'll see...

Oh...do show the basket you'll be working on!

And we are CHILLY WILLY over here, too! Good time to snuggle with a book! I'm starting Three Cups of Tea tonight...what are you reading?

Anonymous said...

Ouch, on a sprained ankle? He certainly is determined.