Friday, October 17, 2008

Full Moon and Tree Skirts

Lately it seems that we have been doing more running around than usual. I know that this is not necessarily true, but that is how I feel. And I am tired, which I am sure does not help any! There was a full moon on Tuesday night, maybe that is part of my problem. Plus this week has been super weird at work with weird questions and weird people.






But I did get the back of J's quilt sewn together so now I can get it basted and start quilting it. He wants it meandered so that will be easy enough to do. I am hoping to get it basted tomorrow and mostly quilted on Sunday.





I am also working with the Christmas fabric from last year to make tree skirts for my mom and I. This is the pile of fabrics that I have. I was making a patchwork type for both of us, but then my mom read Crazy Mom Quilts and really likes her log cabin one so I will have to see what I can do with this fabric (if I can make it work without buying more!). I think I can so that is also on this weekend's agenda.

The boys will be at their mom's for the weekend and it will be mostly just Rich and I. We don't really have anything planned except of course sewing, cleaning, and watching OSU for me, and he has to work.

Don't forget to post for my giveaway!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Sara! I love your collection of Christmas fabric. I have a secret addiction to Christmas and Halloween fabric. I also liked Crazy Mom's tree pattern. I made a tree skirt about 3 years ago, it's probably my favourite thing I've made so far, such a shame I only lug it out once a year. Happy Weekend!

Renee said...

that's a neato picture of the moon. is that from tuesday? it looks real halloweenish. lol.

Granny Lyn said...

That fabric looks like soooo much fun, you will have a ball doing a log cabin with that!!

Unknown said...

What a great picture of the full moon! I'm a big Log Cabin fan, too. That will make wonderful tree skirt. Am I too late to enter your give-away? I found your blog on your sister's blog.