Thursday, October 23, 2008

Booking Through Thursday



“Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.”

Scarlett and Rhett - need I say more?
Ok, I love Gone With The Wind, one of my favorites, I read it every year or so. And I love Scarlett and Rhett. They fight constantly and it is almost like a contest to see who can make who more miserable. But I just love them.
Laura Ingles Wilder and Alonzo Wilder - ah, young love. I had a secret crush on him.
Bella and Edward - Twilight series...I wish I knew a hot vampire!
Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli (stephanie and Ranger) - Ok, Morelli just seems hot and Ranger is such a mystery man. Again, wish I had one of those in my life!
And on to quilting news....
This is my first tree skirt. The colors in the picture are really bad. I mean really bad. But you get the idea. I think I am going to add another border in blue, but maybe not. It took really no time at all to complete and I really like it. On to more Christmas Tree Skirts. I am also pondering some ornament possibilities. I want to make as much as I possibly can for Xmas presents.

I also stopped by the PD tonight to pick up my paperwork and my training manual. Its a big three ring binder, actually two of them. I don't need to have them memorized by the 2nd but I do need to review, jot questions etc. I am getting nervous, and excited. And I have to say that I am over the attitude that I am getting where I am at right now. But looking ahead to my training schedule - guess who's working Xmas day and New years day? Yep, looks like me. But that is okay because its Holiday pay and time and half! I'll take it!

Tomorrow night I am working the concession stand for CC at the last football game. Saturday is our 4-H club's Halloween party and then Sunday we will be in Columbus. Hopefully I will get to post sometime this weekend, if not, then I will be back next week!

7 comments:

Beth F said...

I'm only a couple of books into the Stephenie Plum series, but right now, I think I'd go for Ranger!

countrychicken said...

Love that Christmas tree skirt - just what I had in mind. Don't feel bad about working the holidays - I get the feeling our new boss has different ideas than the last one about working holidays and its not for the good.

QuiltedSimple said...

Are you making me a christmas tree skirt too? I love it - hehe. Look at it this way - working nights, once you get some sleep in, you'll have peace and quiet during the day to sew!
Kris

Granny Lyn said...

The "real love" was between Melanie and Ashley, I think...

And Morelli is sooooo much hotter than Ranger!! Ranger is too....dark? absent? scary?

But Alonzo....be still my heart!! He surly loved Laura, and was the perfect man...I think...

LuAnn said...

Sara I love the Christmas tree skirt. Have you heard of NANOWRIMO? It stands for National Novel Writing Month...which is November. My son/DIL got me to sign up this time. You write a 50,000 page novel during the month of November. Nobody reads it except you. It is just for the enjoyment of it. I thought maybe since you like reading, you might enjoy writing, too.

LuAnn said...

Oohh the website is www.nanowrimo.org

Renee said...

wow, you are a busy woman. i admire you for all the activities and such that you are involved in. i wish i was as outgoing. lol. great tree skirt you made there. i'm still working on that table runner. i have decided to never never attempt stipple quilting again. i tried it this morning and now i'm sitting here tearing out the mess. lol. have a great day.