Saturday, June 21, 2008

Weekend Fun and CC

Well, its Saturday afternoon. I meant to post last night, but I had a horrible migraine most of the day yesterday and just couldn't do it. I was so tired and deflated. So I came home, took a nap, went to town with Rich and then came home and made block # 8 for the quilt along. It came out pretty good, but I forgot to take a picture of it and I hate loading one picture onto the computer, so next time.



Last night I also rode, which actually helped me relax some and relieve some of the pressure. I know that sounds weird, but I think it was the fresh air versus the air conditioning at work (I sit right under a vent). It didn't go away completely but it did lessen some. Here is a picture of my horse (for you Mary!) and a picture of all of them in the field. My horse is definately doing better and I am getting more agressive with him so he is not getting away with much. He isn't throwing his shoulder in too much and is really getting his hips underneath him. We put pads on his back shoes because he bangs his ankles, and it really seems to help. The pads make his hocks go out more.

Heza Tuff Mr Tee (really bad picture!)


Tee is on the left with the light mane, Spike (J's) horse next to him.






Today, our 4-H club sold hotdogs, chips, pop and baked goods at TSC for the Medina County SPCA. They had a big horse rescue last year and still have a 50,000. vet bill. There was a great turnout of kids and we sold all our hotdogs, but there was a TON of baked goods left! The kids did great! Here's a picture of our early morning volunteers hard at work.






Tonight T has a baseball game so I will probably ride when we get home. I also want to work on J's quilt some...I have moved past ironing and am actually getting ready to sew the squares into bigger squares. I did find an awesome backing for it. Its blue with horseshoes on it. Tomorrow I am going to clean and do some gardening, along with quilting and reading.

And lastly, the newest member of our barn family - CC, which stands for Cross Country. J and TJ were out running the other day and found this kitten about to get hit by a car. He is so adorable and so friendly! He loves to be held and be with people. J want to train him to walk on a leash so he can take him to ball games, etc with us. We figure he is only about 12 weeks old, about the age of the other kittens we had that Momma cat took away to the neighbors barn. Only thing is that our cat, Bob, HATES CC. Growls and hisses at him. But he will get used to him I'm sure. He's so little!

CC

CC sitting on Tee after I rode.

That's all new in my world, how about your world?

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Hope you are feeling better! Your horses are beautiful and such a sweet little cat. I know what you mean about riding being relaxing! I love riding we do alot of trail riding.
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Happy to find another quilter and horse lover.

The Quiltwhinny
quiltwhinneytrails.blogspot.com

jacquie said...

Glad that riding brings you a bit of relief. I'm so jealous of all this horsey stuff. Maybe I'll have a horse in my next life! Cute kitty too!