Saturday, June 14, 2008

Quilts, that's it...

It is Saturday afternoon and it's been fairly relaxing so far. I cleaned the house this morning and spent most of the afternoon sewing and reading. Right now I am reading "Flowers for Algeron". Its really good, pretty intense at some points with what is going to happen to Charlie, I like it. We will have to see but right now its probably going to be in the top 10 for the year. I haven't read as much this year, I just can't stay focused as much as I was last year. Oh well!
I finished the binding on these two quilts, glad to have two more to add to the finished pile. Its really hard to see but the yellow one has the word yellow quilted in it and J absolutely loves that! I don't know why, he just thinks that is the coolest thing!


I also made block 7 for Amanda Jeans quilt along. I like these colors together. I had a few issues with this one lining up correctly but it came ok.


I am diligently working on J's quilt. I have about half of the half square triangle blocks sewed together to make the pinwheels. Hopefully I will get the rest of it done soon (yeah right!) but it WILL be on his bed by fall.
Next week is another busy week. T has a game to ump on Monday, J has volunteering at the library on Monday, Tuesday I think is open, Wed is a game, Thursday is a game and Friday is something...I forget what!
Tomorrow, along with father's day, is our anniversary. 6 years and counting! I don't have any pictures scanned but I will try to scan one at work this week. We had our wedding at my parents house with close family and friends. We got married in the flower garden, and then had a cook-out. The invitations even stated casual attire. The kids jumped on the trampoline all night and a great time was had by allIts been a wonderful 6 years, and I couldn't ask for a better husband. He is so wonderful and caring. I hope (know) our next 26 years will be as wonderful as these 6 have been.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like you are going to have a very busy next few days! Love your quilts. I'm sure it feels good to have the completed. Do you have your own quilting machine??
Kristie

jacquie said...

Love the quilts...and your block for the quilt-a-long looks great to me! Triangles are always a struggle! Hey, Happy Anniversary to you guys! Way to go and have a fun double celebration tomorrow!

Carolyn said...

love the yellow quilt
happy anniversary...wow six years
we celebrated 35 a few months ago

you visited my blog
i also live in medina
do you belong to the local quilt guild?