Thursday, June 5, 2008

Nice and Hot!!

Today was beautiful! In the high 80's! My kinda weather. I started staining my new swing, I had one of those fabric ones but the kitties liked it so much it was just to ripped up to use this year so we bought a regular porch swing and it just needs to be stained. Hopefully I will get it finished tomorrow night when I get home from work.



This week has been crazy like last week. Monday night we had Hippology and a baseball game. Tuesday it rained (Thank Goodness), Wednesday was 6th grade graduation, and tonight was a cross country meeting and a baseball game. Tomorrow we are having an end of year cook-out with the neighbors.





Last weekend J and I went to a fabric store in the small town just north of us. It was awesome! They had a ton more fabric than the place in town here and lots of cool prints. I picked up a horse print for J and a neon guitar print for T. I am going to use both of them in their quilts that I make them. Otherwise no quilting has been going on. Its been so busy and I don't like to quilt past nine on school nights.





Meet Steak and Patty. Our to Angus Heifers that are going to save me on groceries! I hate buying meat at the store. They will be ready by November and we are planning on selling 1 to 1 1/2 of them. I will say though that the boys thought we were crazy to want to buy meat (or raise it ourselves) until they tasted the awesome steak from Grandpa Metheney's steers. That changed their mind real quick!!

Patty Steak




Last night was 6th grade graduation. It was nice. They each got a little paper diploma and a memory book. Today was the last day of school so it was 6th grade picnic for J and field day for T. Rich took a vacation day and picked J and Amber (the neighbor) up at 1:30. Nice little treat for the 6th graders to get out early.

J and Amber at Graduation

Nico and T at Graduation

2 comments:

jacquie said...

Sounds like a busy week for you. Not many people know what "real" beef tastes like! Yum!

jacquie said...

Sara, guess what...you won the little pinwheel quilt on my blog! Yippee! Email me and I'll do my best to get it mailed to you today!