Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SNOW!!!

Monday night it started snowing, and didn't stop till sometime last night. When I went to work on Tuesday morning there was just a light dusting of snow, not much at all. But it was coming down. As the day progressed it got heavier and was the perfect snow for snowballs! I know, the guys threw some at us in dispatch yesterday! When I got out of work at 7 p there was easily 3 inches of snow, and this is what I woke up to this morning. Doesn't it look so pretty?


Monday night was the Cross Country banquet, it was nice, a potluck and it was great to see everyone again. J earned a medal for the Jr High boys winning the district, and TJ won a special award for being such a dedicated freshman. As coach said "He came out of nowhere and just blew us away". He also lettered as a freshman, which is pretty impressive, since you have to be on the the varsity team for 50% of the races. He was on varsity for all but 1, which he didn't race.

J

TJ

And this is how we have been keeping our heating costs down:

I mentioned we have a gas well on our property and we finally got our gas heater hooked up in our basement and got it going. It is keeping the lower two levels in the 68-72 range, but the upstairs is still a little cold. We were having problems figuring out how high/low to run it to keep it going and to keep the house warm. But I think we got it now. Its not necessarily hot in here, but it keeps the furnace from running which is what we wanted.
Otherwise I have been working. Today is my Friday. I am off tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. I plan to spend most of the day tomorrow sewing. We are going to Rich's dads when he gets off work and then Friday we will be home with the kids. Saturday Rich works and I will be home cleaning and sewing. I haven't done anything since last week and I need to get some stuff done!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Sara. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. Always enjoy hearing from you :^)

andsewon said...

Now I do not know what a gas well is. We use propane from a truck. haa!!! We did use those heaters at the old cottage . They worked very well. Was easier then doing the wood with my Arthritis. Our snow did not hang around. Congrats to the fellas!!

Carol in Sweden said...

Beautiful snow! Ours is long gone...

Wondered if you sent my give away yet...if you have I haven't gotten the package so you know in case it needs to be tracted. If you haven't sent it that's ok then.

I should be sewing instead of blogging!

Accessible Renovations Camarillo said...

Thoughtful blog you have here.