Monday, November 3, 2008

Farm Chores

Today Rich and I were home together for the day, so we took the day to do some work around the house that needed done. It was a beautiful day and in the 60's so it was the perfect day to do some things. The major project consisted of cleaning out the water trough and resealing it since it leaks and then trying to get the drainage pipes opened up so that we can hopefully get rid of the muddy mess where the water trough usually is.




CC was very intent on Rich
Then Rich changed the light bulb in the back barn light, fixed the switch plate (he put the switch upside down). We went and picked up shavings and that was about it. That took most of the day after I got up.


Exploring the trough

Last night when I got to work I found out that I wasn't supposed to work. My trainer called off, but I stayed anyway and they changed my shift for the rest of the week. So this week I will be working T, W, H from 5a to 3p and then I will go back to nights. What fun, all that preparation for nothing! But that is okay. I got to observe for a few hours. Then as part of my training I get to ride with an officer, the fire chief and on the LST. So last night I rode with an officer. It was a lot of fun, and a little scary. I got to see 3 people arrested in the course of the night and one was a juvenile that we took to Juvie. It was actually very intersting, and I think I will enjoy it. All the people seem great so far!, but still alot of learning to do!

Off to dinner so I can get to sleep early so I can be up by 3:30 in the morning.

No comments: