Sunday, April 6, 2008

Beautiful Weather

Yesterday and today were absolutely gorgeous! I hope this is a sign that spring is on the way! It was 60-65 both days and SUNNY! I love this weather! I was able to get outside and walk for 2 miles both days and today I spent about 2 hours outside reading. I love to sit outside and read. The horses haven't been out because it is SO muddy but they are dying to get out and run. I can't wait to be able to ride again.




I spent Friday night making coasters out of this really cool material I found at JoAnn's. I love the material. Its hard to see in the picture but its yellows, blues and browns. Kinda funky and chic. Right up my alley, since I am into funky material. Batiks are my favorite materials. But not everything can be made in batiks. Then this morning I decided to make a pin cushion out of the same pattern material but light greens and yellows. Another great JoAnn's find. 4 fat quarters for less than 4 dollars. Can't beat that!!! I'm also a fat quarter freak and love to browse that section and pick up all different kinds of prints.
Today was my nephew Tylers fifth birthday party. I went down to my sisters and we had dinner, cake and opened presents. Matt and I played outside with the kids for a while. My sister ended up going to the hospital because my niece broke her leg while ice skating with the girl scouts. Otherwise it has been a pretty quiet weekend. The vet comes tomorrow to put Tardy down and I WILL NOT be here. I am taking all the boys and leaving - not sure where we are going but we will not be here. The boys are on Spring Break this week and hopefully it won't rain the whole week so they can be outside! If not there will be a lot of I'm bored, there's nothing to do! Saturday J and I go to Columbus for the Horsebowl competition (academic challenge about horses) and that is all we have planned for this coming week.
Well, I'm off to read and finish up a few things before I settle in for the night.

1 comment:

jacquie said...

I love those 99 cent fat quarters too. You never know what you might find. The coasters are cute. Do you have to put something special in coasters, or is it just batting? I'm glad to see you're blogging without obligation. It's probably been in the sidebar forever, but I'm not too observant. Isn't that a good philosophy?