Tuesday, March 4, 2008

65 degrees

Yesterday we had a beautiful day, it was 65 degrees and partly sunny. There also was a bit of a breeze but not enough to make it seem colder. It was wonderful. Of course today we have freezing rain and 32. I love those days when its warm but then reality sets in. We are in the beginning of March and it won't really get nice till the end. But I did get to go outside and walk up and down the driveway. It was wonderful. Then Rich had J go do the chores even though it was a little early so that I could see my horse. I miss my horse! I can't open our barn door yet, it probably weighs about 75 pounds. Its 12x20 and has insulation and plywood on it to help keep the barn warm in the winter.

I got to see my horse. He couldn't have cared less, he was like "Where's my food?" My horse is a 6 year old Quarter Horse whose name is Heza Tuff Mr Tee. He could win a standing still contest. He doesn't move fast, he doesn't like to move and he is very lazy. Very Lazy. We show the Central Ohio Circuit (COSCA) and Elyria Saddle Club Shows in Western Equitation and Western Pleasure. Tee is really a big baby and nothing fazes him. Rich used to be a full time trainer and had his own stable training horses. Tee and I have learned a lot together with Rich being on personal trainer. Its kinda nice having a professional trainer who only works with you. This is a horrible picture, you really can't see us, but that is Tee and I in Sept at a Wellington show.

J shows too and he shows a 7 year old Quarter Horse, named Imp Tee Impression (who happens to be fully trained unlike Tee) in Western also. This year he is going to try reining at the fair. His horse can do it - the question is can J get over his nerves? This picture is of J after one of his classes. He did really well at Wellington this year, receiving a high point in Western Pleasure and second overall in Western Equitation. He also surprised us when he said he didn't want to go in the first year canter class at the fair this year because he wanted to try to make it to the championship show. He didn't make the championship show, but he did really well, placing 4th & 5th and we were very proud of him for making that leap and being in the tougher class with kids that had been cantering longer than he had.
After seeing my horse and doing all that walking I was ready for a nap, but that was not happening. We had a hippology (study of horses) meeting last night which I am the advisor for and I wanted to see all my kids since I hadn't seen them in a month. T also had a basketball game so poor Rich was driving around dropping off and picking up. Only 2 more weeks and I will be able to drive again so that will make a huge difference. Rich won't have to cart me around anymore! Plus I will be able to go back to work which will help break up the monotony.
Now I am going to work on my red, white and blue quilt that mom, Kris and I started years ago. I only have two more blocks and it will be ready to be sashed, quilted and binded. I have to get some more red material to finish the last block so hopefully I will do that tomorrow if the weather is not too bad and mom can come get me. Otherwise I will have to find another project to work on - maybe the piecing the trail to Kansas since I have all those - they just need to be cut and sewed.

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Sara, Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I'm so glad I came here...I have serious horse envy! Click and what do I see...your beautiful horses. Feel free to make your own windows...I'd love to see what you come up with! Have a great weekend!