Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pumpkins Everywhere!

Today was a day spent doing not much...I was home by myself and really enjoyed it, even though I feel like I accomplished nothing!
I started out the day wanting to do nothing but work on a quilt. Well, I ran out of black material so I have to go get some more, but unfortunately the LQS is not open on Sundays...bummer. So then I started the T-shirt quilt for the CC coach...not enough stabalizer...ok, this isn't good...I gave up!
Then dad came over to ride, that was fun. Then I picked my pumpkins and that was pretty much my day...Not exactly earth shattering...But here are pictures of my pumpkins...check out the blue one and my big one!

Flower bed in back, next to my swing

Front flower bed

Front porch

In case you lost count there are 8 pumpkins, 1 blue and 10 minis. These do not include the 11 pumpkins I gave to my mom, neighbor, and BIL's GF nor the mini ones my mom took.Also my mom took a blue one.
This is a picture of my August finish. I had these strips from a Thangles BOM that I was missing a month or two from. What to do? A small quilt with the strips! I love the funky colors!

And lastly, yesterday the boys ran at Galion. The course is a little longer and J ran a 14:01, while T ran a 21:17. Both had excellent times. The Boosters had another picnic. We started racing at 9:00 and our last team raced at 2:30. Teenage boys and girls all day long want food! The following picture is of the fire that we had going on the grill....

Now that's what I call a Fire!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

9 comments:

Terry said...

Holy cow!! I see an arm in that fire!! Love the blue pumpkin! :0)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your pumpkin display. If I put pumpkins out right now they would be rotten by Halloween! One time I only put them out 2 weeks early and they were terrible by the end of the month - it was really warm that year if I recall.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Zonnah said...

I love the stripes! I am assuming no one got hurt?

Laura said...

Oh my gosh that is a huge fire! And I love the pumpkins! Nothing makes me feel more like fall than pumpkins!

Sandy said...

Wow, I like my hot dogs burnt, but that fire is huge!
Love the blue pumpkin, have never seen one that color.

Granny Lyn said...

You are so good, you're right on time with your decorations, I haven't even thought of fall deco's yet! Love all those punkin's!

Bet the teens could roast a lot of marshmallows with that fire!! Do I see DH's arm in there? Holee Toledo! He's a flame thrower!

Unknown said...

Love the pumpkins, hope no one was hurt in the fire.

jacquie said...

i need to start decorating for fall...i'm still mourning my summer. love the strippy quilt...so pretty!

Play Bazaar city said...

godrej golf links
godrej nurture nice sites