Saturday, September 5, 2009

Where I'm From

I am from the country girl,
and the city boy

I am from the high school sweethearts
but don't ask about math class

I am from the Miller's and the Zajicek's
from Tom and Jackie

I am from the working parents
with one always home

I am from the wish we hads, and had it then
to the sit down and shut up

I am from the stubborn and the proud

I am from the garden
and the flower beds

I am from horse shows every weekend
and marching band on Friday nights

I am from family dinners
Christmas Eve at Grandma's

From Grandparent's lost and
ones still alive
I am from 39 years today
of the love of my parents



Today my parents celebrate 39 years of marriage. While that is rare for today, my parents are still going strong and still in love today as much as they were 39 years ago when they said I do. There have been hard times and good times, times when they worried about us kids, and times when we all didn't get along, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! I love you!!

Christmas 2008

PS: Stop by my mom's blog to see a picture of their wedding day and a giveaway!

9 comments:

blushing rose said...

... and may they be blessed with many more years of love. Sweet loving post for your parents.

Have a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Kaaren said...

Cherish them while you still can, Sara.

I'm sure you've done your parents proud. And here's to many more, for them and you and yours.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations to the parents - love what you wrote.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

RG said...

Congratulations Sara' Mum and Dad!!

Jocelyn said...

How very sweet. Congratulations to your dear parents on their anniversary. Wishing them many, many more :-)

Granny Lyn said...

What a loving tribute to a loving couple! I'll pop over and tell them congrats!

Mary Q said...

What a beautiful and personal tribute, Sara! It told us lots about them . . . and, as a result, lots about YOU! Hope they had a wonderful anniversary!

Laura said...

I love that your mom has a blog! I keep trying to encourage my mom to start one, but she won't do it. Yet...

Play Bazaar city said...

Mk technology park
Sivanta greens
Omni amayra city
vrs district one more sites