Friday, September 18, 2009

Tiffin Carnival

Yes, I have been MIA and I apologize! It has been just a little hectic and I have been busy with planning at work etc most evenings. I have wanted to update, but just haven't found the time. So beware this post maybe a little long due to all the news!

Last weekend was the Tiffin Carnival for CC. This race is said to be the largest high school race this side of the Mississippi and the 2nd largest in the country! There are easily 250 teams and about 5,000 kids. They have a large parking lot called Catepillar row where the buses park...basically it's HUGE! The boys both ran a good race and got a personal record. I don't remember their exact times but they were good. The parents, of course, tailgated.

Joe

Jess and J with our team slogan!

This is the start of one of the races...look at all those kids!

When we got home from Tiffin we watched the Ohio State game. They played USC and it was a good game, but we should not have lost that one. We were 4th and goal twice and should have went for it! But at least it was a close game.

Then on Sunday I froze another 10 dozen ears of corn. That took a while. But its done and we have plenty of corn for the winter. I also gave my neighbor 5 doz and my mom more! What a lot of corn! This weekend I think we are going to pick the pumpkins and start selling them. We have about 25 pumpkins, 25 mini pumpkins, and 1 blue one!!

My huge pumpkin (photo does not do it justice!)

Corn, post picking!

This week we haven't been too incredibly busy. The boys have been getting home from practice about 4:30, I get home around 5:20 and we have dinner. I have gotten some riding in and have been working on some things for work. I am loving my position. The kids and I are really doing good. I have talked to my boss a few times and she is really happy with the way things are going, which makes me happy! My kids are great and there are a few that I have already become attached to (ok, all of them a little bit!) I have spent the last few weeks seeing where they are at ciriculum wise and adjusting my plans, but I think we are getting there! Plus, I have to make anything that I need for the lesson, next year will be much easier because I won't have to "create" all that again!
This weekend we are heading to Galion for another CC race. Only 4 more left befor conference meet, then district, regionals and state! Can't believe how fast the season went this year! Sunday I plan to spend sitting in front of my machine!! I do have an August finish, but no picture and I want to have a September finish. I haven't really sewed anything in like 3 weeks! Withdrawl! Also my reading is suffering too! I started "Wicked" the other day an am liking it. I also finished "Promise Not To Tell" which was ok.

Ok, I am going to do some blog reading and hopefully get to everyone this weekend!!! Have a great one!!!

10 comments:

Zonnah said...

I am so happy your job is going great :) Can't wait to see your completed project!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I knew that this job was a good fit for you and I'm glad to hear it is! Have fun with your sewing machine this weekend :^)

Terry said...

Great job boys! Brian ran at Wooster last weekend and his team got third place! He ran his best time ever too! I as so proud! :0)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it sounds like your garden has done so great - all that corn! The pumpkins look beautiful - do you can your pumpkin for pies? I use to do that now and then when I have grown or bought a couple of pumpkins it always taste so good that way.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Granny Lyn said...

Wow, you really HAVE been busy! You don't have to apologise for not blogging! I'm amazed if you have time to do laundry!

the boys did great, they look so healthy!

after the end of the month, you'll have plenty of time to catch up on sewing and reading, all the crops will be done and your class plans will be like second nature...hopefully!

julieQ said...

I love to see your produce pictures. We used to grow big pumpkins too, I love the rich color. And corn too! Yum. I have been to lots of track meets, lots of excitement in the air, isn't there?

Laura said...

Congrats to your boys for their PRs. And good luck getting some quality time in at your machine! I know the feeling about wanting to get things done each month!

Mrs Quilty said...

Wow, busy lady but all fun great stuff!!! Congrats to your boys! My son and daughter just finished running a 5K together and they felt great about their accomplishment!!! Hope you make it to the sewing machine!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! IT can definitely get hectic this time of year! I can't wait to buy our pumpkin to carve. I love fall so much! You sound so busy. Keep well.

Kaaren said...

Good for the Boys, Sara! PB's are sometimes better than wins, especially if they are having fun which by the sounds of it, they are.

I thrilled that your new job is going well...and your garden too!

Try to fit in some 'Mom' time when you can. Great ti hear from you!