Sunday, June 28, 2009

Now I know why...

...my pot of lettuce didn't grow.

This week has been another fairly busy week. We had baseball on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. 4-H on Wednesday night, walking and general stuff around the house. Yesterday we put up two loads of hay. Its been busy. Plus Rich's cousin came up and spent the night Thursday and Friday. They took the kids to an Indians game, their first Major League game. But it was great to spend more time with Keith, Antoinette, Trevor, Sean and KayMarie.

T and Trevor

Sean and Oscar

I did get to spend some time sewing yesterday, still working on my surprises. I have also been reading, when I can. I am currently reading the Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell. Its okay, I haven't really decided if I like it and I am half way through it. Our library does a summer reading program and I am half way through the adult program. And tomorrow I plan to weed my garden but it is supposed to rain! Hopefully it won't till Tuesday!

And I cannot believe that Michael Jackson is dead. I can remember in 4th grade when Thriller came out. It was all the rage! All the girls had pins and necklaces of the glove! It is sad that such an icon has died, while I did not necessarily listen to his later music I can still remember all the songs of my youth...
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

15 comments:

Karen said...

Oh that's too funny; I recently discovered why my tall ornamental grass is still only three inches tall - the dog's been eating it!

It has been a weird week of celebrities dying.

Kaaren said...

Thanks for making me smile...a great way to start my day.

I'm hoping to weed my gardens today as well. After the hot weather of last week and the rain on the weekend, the weeds are laughing at me.

andsewon said...

Haa.. kitties love to get into small spaces or where they should not be!
We have weeds to that may just stay there till DH pulls up the snaps!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Your poor lettuce! How funny!

Granny Lyn said...

Can I borrow your kitty to sleep in my tomatoe garden??? What a helper she is....

I also am praying for Farrah and her family. Both families have rough roads for the next year or so.

jacquie said...

that is soo funny. our cat was like that too...if there was a plant or a bucket filled with whatever she was in there. sounds like summer activities are in full swing for you.

bookflutterby said...

Ooooh that did make me laugh... the cat probably loves you for giving him his "spot". :P Thanks for following my blog! Hope you enjoy and try to laugh today!
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Oh that is just too cute! Summer is always a busy time for moms!

Laura said...

I think it's great your library has a summer reading program for adults. How fun!

linda said...

Sara, maybe you can send your cat over here to sit in my flower beds!!

Amanda Jean said...

will you send me your address please so i can send you the oh cherry oh scraps? my email is crazymomquilts@yahoo.com

thank you!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Too funny. Silly cat.

Marlublu said...

Our cat only goes for the catnip. They love it and we usually have to put wire around it until it gets established. I do like seeing him rolling all over the catnip though.

Marlublu said...

I really like your wooden swing bench. I would love one like that.

Zonnah said...

I miss having a cat :) That is such a cute pic of yours.