Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Shift.

So I started this new shift at work. I am in my last weeks of training before I go on my own. This shift happens to be Tuesday through Friday 9 am to 7 pm. I hate it. I feel like I get nothing accomplished at home and it has only been 2 days!

Yesterday I did end up staying till almost 8 because of the horrible ice storm we had, but still...Its like I get up at 7:00 ish and what can you really get accomplished that early in the morning? I am barely awake. I get home about 7:30 and its dark. Can't do much. Ok, great, I have 3 days off, but still - I don't get to see the kids that much and well, its just stinky!

Tonight I rode with one of our township officers, which is part of my training and nothing exciting happened. I didn't even get to go to the guy who owns the lions and tigers and bears OH MY! Ok, he doesn't own bears, but you get the point.


So while I will probably not be around during the week for a few weeks I will be back on the weekends. And I will have a new project that I hope to finish this weekend. It is a quilt I want to finish for my soon to be step-granddaughter before they come up over the holiday weekend, in just over a week!

Till the weekend, Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

LuAnn said...

Hi Sara Those are some really long work hours. I think it really makes it worse when you go and come home in the dark. I hope it all works out for you and that you find some time for yourself on your days off.