Wednesday, February 20, 2008

OK! OK!

...I'm updating!

It has officially been 3 weeks since day 1 of surgery. I am home and feeling a little better every day. Its been hard, but I think it will be worth it in the end. If I would just get my taste back and quit retaining water it would be even better! Its been slow going but I am slowly getting there. Everyone was wonderful while at the hospital and I can't thank you all enough (Mom, Dad, Kris and Grandpa Dick). We certainly couldn't have done it without all of you helping us! Rich was a godsend and he went WAY above and beyond "husbandly duties" while I was in the hospital, doing anything a nurse might do.

Now I am home and everyone else is back to normal. I still can't drive, still have stitches, am sore and hurt, but getting there. The kids have adjusted right back to their normal selves and are fighting constantly. I know part of it is the weather, since its been kinda cold and they haven't been able to get outside much. Part of it is just brotherly love. T really has his nose in his books for fear that he won't get to play baseball if his grades don't come up. Yep, we officially hit 13 and hit it running!
While I was in the hospital I received a quilt from Project Linus. This organization gives security blankets to mostly children having major surgery or going through something like chemo. Its to give them a sense of comfort while they are in the hospital. I am not sure why I received one since I am certainly not a child. But this has inspired me to make one for Project Linus. The website is http://www.projectlinus.org/ and you can find out all the details there and contact people for your area if you want to donate a quilt or even a quilt block.


Before I went in the hopsital I finished Mary's quilt and got it mailed off to her. I know that she has received it and likes (I hope!) and here is finally a picture of it. Ok, dummy me didn't take a picture of it completed. Not sure where my mind was then....But here is a picture of it together, just not quilted and binded and one of the individual squares. I did quilt each goose and that took forever! Also that is not exactly my favorite part of quilting. I like putting it all together and then someone else can do the quilting...
Ok, well Mom is coming to go for lunch! YEAH! I get out of the house! So I will post more later...

1 comment:

QuiltedSimple said...

About time. . . .hehe.

Welcome back to the land of the living - and give it some more time and you'll feel like your old self.

I want a quilt like Mary's - it's gorgeous!
Kris