Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snow and Aprons





Once again yesterday there was no school due to the weather. I believe that was day 7 which means making it up at the end of the year. What's one more day though? Its not like they do anything on the last day anyway. We had a drift out our back door that was about 4 feet. And the boys spent about two and a half hours playing outside yesterday. That was nice again since it was quiet in here and they weren't fighting. I am SO glad there is school today. I don't think I could have taken another day and I don't think they could have either. Sometimes I think places that go to school year round have the right idea.


So while the boys were outside yesterday I finished up the aprons that mom and I started on Saturday night. It went really quick once I figured out the directions. I don't make clothes or things like that - pretty much just quilts so it was my first attempt at using a pattern. Some of the directions didn't make sense, but I winged it and am happy with the results. Just don't expect too much more from me.


I haven't really read a whole lot since I got home. I read And Now You Can Go by Vendela Vida which was okay. I think I would have probably liked it better if my attention span was better. I just finished Can't Wait To Get To Heaven by Fannie Flagg yesterday. That was good, but again I think I would have liked it better if my attention span was better.

We had a 4-H meeting last night so Rich drove me over to that. It was nice to get out of the house and spend some time doing something I enjoy. Everyone was surprised to see me, I'm glad I went though - nice to break up the monotony. Today I am off to lunch with my friend Diane, which will be wonderful since I haven't seen her in a while! I can't wait to hear what she has been up too! When I get home if I feel up to it I am going to work on my red, white and blue Americana quilt that has been several years in the making. Need to get these things finished up so I can start some new ones!!!

Off to lunch!



No comments: