Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happenings

Last night T got back from his 8th grade trip to Philladelphia. He took the camera but didn't take any pictures! They had a really good time and his favorite part of the trip was Gettysburg. They toured the battlefields etc. They went to the constitution center, the USS New Jersey, saw the Liberty Bell and "ran up the steps of the Art Museum" just like in Rocky. They had a dance at the hotel on Thursday night and overall had a really good time. And I learned that Mt Dew and Poweraide mix well, and make you really hyper. I have to say that I like the fact that for the most part the boys talk to us about pretty much everything.

While he was gone, life continued as normal here. Hippology on Thursday, chores etc continued. I have been fairly productive with quilting and reading lately. I finished "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas" on Thursday, quick read, but wow, what an ending and then read "Postcards from Berlin" (Not about the war!) on Friday. Today I am starting another book about Auschweitz.


I also finished up the top for this quilt...

and have been working on some black/batik blocks and a pieced backing for another quilt.

At the last track meet a friend of ours gave us a CD of all the pictures they had taken over the Cross Country Season. Here are two of my favorite pics. And for those of you who don't know Steve Prefontaine is a famous deceased CC runner that is our coaches idol. They watch is movie at the start of every season!

It's a little wet out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt top looks so soft and comfy! Great CC pics. Good times. It's great you have such a wonderful relationship with your kids!

Allison said...

I love that quilt top, you definitely have more quilting patience than me. :) And thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello, I love seeing what you're up too! -Allison ps. your garden is HUGE...you grow girl! ( that was corny I know.)

Granny Lyn said...

Love that top,,,the border is perfect!!!

What did you think of The Boy in Striped Pajamas? did you know it was a hoax?