Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wallets

I made THESE great little wallets for my mom and Bethany for Christmas in orage (sorry no picture) but then my Grandma said she would like one, and Anne liked them too. Mind you I still have not made one for myself. Well, if I was going to make three I might as well make one for Alice and Sue too. Since they are coming over on New Year's to celebrate with Rich's family. So I made 8. What the helk, right - they are so easy and simple and fit a credit card/license/gift card. Perfect!! The funky green paisly is mine!

And I finally got the binding on J's quilt done. Poor kid! It is only 6 months after his birthday, but I think it looks great on his bed and I know he will love it. He hasn't seen it on his bed yet, he's at mom's for the weekend so this will be a nice surprise for him tomorrow.

I guess Rich and I are going to run into town to get Ham for New Years and some other things. Hopefully it won't be too crazy. Then home to dinner and snuggle up on the couch to read while he plays Xbox. I finished "The Road" for my Book Awards Challenge, which was very good. I didn't like his "All The Pretty Horses" so I was kind of skeptical about reading "The Road". The end was sad, but the whole story really makes us realize how lucky we are to have all that we have. I started "The Heretic's Daughter" by Kathleen Kent. It is a fiction based on the Salem Witch Trials. Hopefully it will be good, and I only started it because it was a library book. My mom and dad got me "The Shack" for Christmas so that will be up next!

I have the flu so I am off to take some more Tylenol; even though I don't think it is helping break my fever.

6 comments:

Carol in Sweden said...

All the gifts are great! WOW...jewelry for you!? (I always get something "practical"...this year was a digital frame, much better than the retractable garden hose!)

The quilt for J is so bright and happy! Lucky boy!

hope you'll get lots of cozy reading done!

crazyquiltlady said...

Love the colours in your quilt - bright and fun for sure-

Stephanie said...

I love the wallets, I might have to add those to my list of I want to make that...lol. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Louann said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the quilt. The colors are great. I have been wanting to make those little wallets also. Now after seeing yours I will definitely have to. They are so cute. Sorry to read that you have the flu. I hope you fell better soon!
Louann

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt! You did a great job and I'm sure he'll love it!

Renee said...

cute little wallets. good idea to have a few extra. hope you feel better. take care.