Sunday, October 25, 2009

Almost A Month!

I can't believe almost a month has gone by since I last posted. Life just seemed to get in the way! Its been pretty busy around here with practice and work, but CC is over and basketball doesn't start for another week. (Which shouldn't affect me too much!)
Basketball games happen to start at about 4:30 so that means I will only get to see half of the home games. There is no point for me to drive to the away games if I won't get to see them. So that will mean that I won't get to see T play much, but what can you do?
My job is going wonderfully! I love it and "my kids" are great! We have really settled into a routine and are enjoying each other! They are quite hilarious though, some of the things they say! I had a Breyer Donkey of J's there and they kept telling each other "Don't hurt Donkey, Joe will be upset!" and things like that!
I have been busy working on things for school, planning wise. I have nothing so I am doing everything basically from scratch. The good news is next year will be easier! And of course there is still meetings, 4-H and other necessities to attend to. Why can't my house just clean itself??

This week is going to be busy. Monday I have to stop at the library and Target. Tuesday I have Trick-or-treat at work and Friday I have to work the concession stand at the last home football game of the season for CC. Its a great time and will be fun!!
Today J and I went for a walk, which was so nice. We found this little guy on our way home and he is going to school with me to see if we can get him to make a cacoon and become a butterfly. J named him Wally.


I also have all my squares cut out and ready to send for my "I Spy Swap" that I am participating in! They should make in the mail by Tuesday.


Birds, Chili Peppers and SpongeBob! (everyone needs Spongebob!)

A few weeks ago J and I went to the zoo with the neighbors. I had free tickets and wanted to use them before it got too cold! It was a beautiful day and we had a really good time. 2 adults and 4 kids! We saw pretty much everything and went to the rainforest too! I love the zoo!!!

J and I on the turtle (a tradition!)

My favorite, the butterfly house

The waterfall

This week J also had H1N1 and we have determined that I had it a few weeks ago when I wasn't feeling well. I didn't get tested, just wrote it off as the flu, but a friend (who I gave it too!) gave it to her assistant and her assistant got tested and that is what it was. So we are through that! Rich has not gotten it and neither has T so we are thinking they aren't going to get it! YEAH!

I also went to my friend Holly's last weekend and helped her make some Ohio Stars. She is new to quilting (her mom gave her some stuff before she passed) and Holly needed help with the points. And that is about it here. Oh, I also finished reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and really liked it!

Now off to make a milkshake and read some blogs! Hope everyone has a good week!!

8 comments:

Zonnah said...

Glad to hear you made it throught the H1N1 ok. Also that pic on the turtle is cute :)

linda said...

Hi Sara, it is amazing how quickly the time flies. Julia told me she thought J. had the flu, but she wasn't sure. I'm glad you all are feeling better. Basketball is starting here for us too. Julia finished up fall softball, and went right in to B-ball. It's fun, isn't it!! Have a great day!

Sara said...

Oh, boy. A milkshake. Does that sound good. Maybe I can chalk it up to a pregnancy craving and convince DH to go get me one!!!
Enjoy your week between sports!

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like your class is great. The fuzzy guy should be a nice addition.
We've had H1N1 here. I will be so happy when everyone is better.

Karen said...

Cute picture on the turtle :)

chelsea said...

Nice photos! I like your blog! it's interesting! Keep posting.


Office 2010 | Seattle Homes

Play Bazaar city said...

godrej golf links
godrej nurture nice sites

logistics service in india said...

top 10 logistics companies in india om is a logistics company with a supply chain management solution that facilitates client-centric logistics solutions globally.
best logistics companies in india